Purpose: This website has been published to provide easy access to information about the ASEEES Committee on Libraries & Information Resources.
Scope: The ASEEES Committee on Libraries and Information Resources (CLIR), consisting of scholars and librarians in the fields of Slavic, East European, and Eurasian studies, works throughout the year on a wide range of topics and ventures that include, but are not limited to: copyright, digital initiatives, microfilming projects, vendor issues, collection development, and the American Bibliography of Slavic and East European Studies (ABSEES). These tasks are carried out by CLIR subcommittees (Subcommittee on Copyright Issues, Subcommittee on Digital Projects, SEEMP Subcommittee, Subcommittee on Collection Development).
Activity: The committee meets annually at the ASEEES National Convention to discuss the progress and outcome of the year's efforts.
Members: If you have any comments or suggestions, please send an email to Michael Brewer, the committee's Chair, or to any other committee member. For questions about, or any suggested changes to the website, contact Michael Brewer.
- Janice Pilch [Chair] –Rutgers U. (2009-2013)
- Ksenya Kiebuzinski – U. Toronto (2010-2012)
- Kristen Regina — Hillwood Museum (2010-2012)
- Wookjin Cheun – Indiana U., Chair of Subcommittee on Collection Development (2012-2013)
- Janice Pilch – Rutgers U., Chair of Subcommittee on Copyright Issues (2012-2013)
- Robert H. Davis, Jr. – Columbia U., Chair of Subcommittee on Digital Projects (2012-2013)
- Jon Giullian— U. Kansas, Chair of Slavic & East European Microform Project (2012-2013)
- Scott Palmer [Faculty liaison] — Southern Illinois U. (2010-2013)
Past CLIR & B&D Members [Chairs, Members & Faculty Liaisons]