FSBC - Keyless Access & Keys
Keyless Access and Keys
The Facility Management Work Team is responsible for keyless access including CAT card and keypad systems as well as key control.
- CAT card access is provided on the entrance to the Main Library, Special Collections, ILC Information Commons Computer Classroom, 5A offices and the Employee Lounge
- Entry doors to Main, Special Collections, and Information Commons will lock and unlock at times established by the Library and Special Collections schedules. 5A doors will be unlocked from 6 am to 6 pm. The Employee Lounge will be locked at all times. Cards will be used for entry when the doors are not unlocked.
- Who has access:
- Special Collections—Limited to those staff members who need access
- Main Library—All Library Staff
- ILC Information Commons Computer Classroom—Staff members who teach in the classroom and maintain equipment
- Employee Lounge—All Library staff and student employees.
- 5A offices—Staff working in the area
- How is access granted:
- Special Collections, ILC Computer Classroom and 5A offices
- Notify Hayri Yildirim or Chris Caskenette by email with your CAT card number
- Entrance to Main Library
- Access data base is update directly from the CAT card office
- Employee Lounge
- Access will be updated for staff and student employees at the beginning of each semester from the KRONOS database. Those who start working after those times will need to provide name and CAT card number to Hayri Yildirim or Chris Caskenette.
- Courtyard entrance to Information Commons
- Contact Hayri Yildirim for access if required
- Problems with access:
- Report problems to Hayri Yildirim at 307-2820 or Chris Caskenette at 307-7160. Include your name and CAT card number with problem reports.
- Problems with lock and unlock cycles:
- Call AMER-X Security Center at 626-9346. Stay in the area until an AMER-X technician arrives, or the doors lock or unlock.
- Notify Hayri Yildirim at 307-2820 of the problem
- Keypads are installed on study carrels, offices, and selected meeting rooms. Keypads for entrance to 5A server room and Special Collections office area have a code for each individual requiring access.
- Server room access is controlled by LIST
- Special Collections office access is controlled by Special Collections.
- CCP access codes are assigned by Hayri Yildirimr
- Obtain access codes for meeting rooms A311, A313, A314, and A315 in Main from the receptionist in the Dean’s Office
- Obtain access codes for 308, 311 and 313 in SEL from SEL secretary.
- Obtain access codes for offices from team administrative staff
- Access codes for study carrels are provided to users by Helen Quihous
- The FM work team programs keypad codes for all locations except CCP. For code changes notify Chris Caskenette at 307-7160 for all locations except CCP.
- Report problems with keypads to Hayri Yildirim at 307-2820 or Chris Caskenette at 307-7160.
- The Facilities Management Key Desk located on the first floor of the 6th Street parking garage issues keys.
- Key authorization paperwork can be obtained from your Partners accountant liaison or Joey Egea at the loading dock.
- Individuals are responsible for safeguarding the keys issued to them. Lost keys could require an expensive re-key of the lock or locks.
- The room privilege card issued with the key(s) is proof of authorization to use the key to enter. The card should be carried at all times as proof of access authority.
- Report lost keys immediately to your ABaC$ accountant liaison or Chris Caskenette at 307-7160.
- If you end employment with the University Libraries, collect all issued UA keys (building, office, vehicles) and turn them in personally to the Key Desk at 1533 E. Helen Street (Phone 621-1612, 6 am-3 pm) prior to departure. Obtain a receipt and turn this in, along with returning UAL keys (desk, file cabinets) to the Hayri Yildirim.