Holidays and Holiday Schedules
UNIVERSITY HOLIDAYS & LIBRARIES/CCP HOLIDAY SCHEDULES = POLICY i.e. must be followed
Eligible employees of the Libraries and CCP are granted time off from work with pay for each holiday designated by the University. See the University’s Academic Calendar webpage for the current year for a list of University holidays.
- Employees must work or be on an approved paid status on their last scheduled work day before and first scheduled work day after the holiday to qualify for holiday pay.
- Part-time (.49 FTE or less) and temporary employees (with the exception of employees in extended temporary employment (ETE) positions) are NOT entitled to holiday pay.
- Employees shall be paid on a prorated basis for designated holidays based upon their regularly scheduled total pay period hours (e.g., .50 FTE receive four (4) hours of holiday pay, .75 FTE receive six (6) hours of holiday pay, etc.).
- Employees who are required to work on a holiday, or whose regular day off falls on a holiday, must be granted an alternate day off during the same pay period.
- Employees will not be paid for holidays occurring during a leave of absence without pay, nor will they be paid for holidays occurring during excused unpaid absence or other absence without pay.
- Religious Holidays: In accordance with University policy, team leaders will make every reasonable effort to accommodate employees whose religious holidays do not coincide with official University holidays. In order to take time off for these occasions, employees may use:
- Accrued vacation time; or
- Accrued compensatory time (if eligible); or
- A temporary alternate schedule accommodation, if approved in advance by the team leader.
- Libraries & CCP Policy on Winter Break Closure: The University winter break closure guidelines DO NOT apply to the Libraries. Main, SEL and CCP do not close during the period between Christmas and New Years Day. Employees who wish to take time off during this period may used accrued vacation leave, subject to the approval of their team leader as described above in this document. In considering whether to approve such vacation leave over the winter break, team leaders must insure that the team has sufficient staffing to maintain essential services during this period.
- Fine Arts Library Exception: Since the Fine Arts Library is located in the Music Building, which may follow University policy, employees who normally work in Fine Arts may work in the Main Library or take vacation during Winter Break Closure.
- UA policy…
- Classified Policy #203.0 Holidays
- Classified Policy #409.0 Religious Holidays
- UHAP 8.01.02 Holidays
- Team Work Related Policies
Approval Authority: Team Leaders, Work Team Leaders, Dean (for TL)
Date Cabinet Approved: May 20, 2009 (Library WREP)
If you have questions or comments, Contact Us.