UA LIBRARY MEMBERSHIPS:
AULC (Arizona Universities Library Consortium)
AULC Collection Development Subcommittee on Electronic Resource Sharing (original charge from 1996)
Greater Western Library Alliance (formerly Big 12 Plus)
- SPARC partners and alternative titles
- Articles by UA Librarians
- Bosch, S. Impact of Electronic Aggregations at the University of Arizona. SPARC E-News, December 2000-January 2001.
- Pfander. J. Shaping the Future of Scholarly Communication at the University of Arizona. SPARC E-News, February-March 2001.
- Stoffle, Carla J. A Library View of the SPARC Initiative, Against the Grain, v.13:2, 34-38, April 2001.
OTHER CONSORTIA/COALITIONS RELATED TO INFORMATION RESOURCES AND ACCESS:
Coalition for Networked Information - "an organization dedicated to supporting the transformative promise of networked information technology for the advancement of scholarly communication and the enrichment of intellectual productivity." Sponsored by ARL and Educause.
FIGARO - European Academic Digital Publishing Initiative backed by the European Union
(The name FIGARO is an acronym for the Federated Initiative of GAP (German Academic Publishing), and Roquade , two independent e-publishing initiatives in Germany and the Netherlands respectively.)
Information Access Alliance - a coalition of ALA, ACRL, ARL, SPARC, MLA & AALL formed to examine the impact of mergers among scholarly and legal publishers, this group calls for a new standard of antitrust review of merger transactions in the serials publishing industry by antitrust enforcement agencies.
CONSORTIAL LICENSING GUIDELINES FOR ELECTRONIC RESOURCES:
California State University - PRINCIPLES FOR CSU ACQUISITION OF ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES