IC Training Team Minutes 9/6/00
1. Review meeting with Cola
2. Dialog/Decision on Consultant
3. Review IC-Prep materials
4. Review Training Materials available (next week)
1. Review meeting with COLA
Jim meeting with w/Lynne Tronsdale to discuss issues about IC that is problematic
and ask her advise.
No big surprises.
Supplied information agreed in past meeting.
Not surprised when informed of training coordinator.
Concerns by Member – not up to speed looking to somebody to make decisions
that rightfully belong to …
Last year we asked to come up with model not specifically who.
Hindered in not having a CCIT person with them.
They have the numbers from last year - 60% of job is this (Jim)
IT people feel they must provide staff.
They need a way to work in a bigger group (i.e. interdepartmental )
However it may be difficult to ask them gp) to open up to other units.
Where does the buck stop? “Lunch Bunch” Decision –by-default
Not 24X7 all the time is good – be questioned.
Have the “higher-ups” seen this?
Need coordination group for PR for IC – who will do this.
Re: 24X7 not summer, etc.
Management of IC
Funding for comp. Etc.
COLA – took copies of our questions.
Maybe need to check back with COLA later.
Suggested CCIT do same kind of COLA thing.
ILC Players – CCIT, Teaching Center, First Year Center, Gen. Ed. Committee
Very few decisions make about ILC outside IC.
Update from Ruth – proposal from Consultant not arrived yet.
Any other alternatives to Langevin?
Laura hadn’t heard from Calgary yet.
How flexible is Langevin? Can they come in and guide us
through the writing of some section rather than just giving us their canned
training courses? They are not consultant, they are trainers.
Each IC Training Team member will have (unit) assignment to work
on during training.
They also have software that walks through the process.
Langevin talking about 1 trainer.
Possible dates 3- 4 -5 - Nov.
5 – 6 – 7- Oct.
Space - Alum? Multipurpose room lib?
Per person charge up to 25
6 Modules per day = 18 in 3 days.
3 days – if people have ideas give to Ruth, Jim, or Limell
1. Overview Grid:
Preceptors – technology
1. B class – work directly for faculty member
Training process they go through, graded for work, 2 semesters = 6 units
2. C class – have semester in computer lab MVL, FCII, etc.
C preceptor’s home based in ILC will need some of our training.
C preceptors are interviewed and chosen – don’t take anyone.
Do a lot of teaching of preceptors.
Question about how much training we need to do for b class preceptors
– discuss later.
GATS – what will be their role in IC?
Basline training (operational) and orientation for IC.
Need training unit on policies and procedures for IC.
We should be part of GATO training at beginning of each semester.
1. Service and Support Gird
9pm rather 10pm for Librarians.
Perhaps online national e-ref.
Disability related services
Include ADA hardware/software
Interest by CEDDR for possible staffing presence.
PEEL group working on disability training campus wide (Dept. of Ed. Grant)
Circulation – database
Records changing only for some level of staff.
Recommend to other IC team – network ADA software so it be used on any
computer in IC.
Agenda for 9/13/00
1. Try to create a list of training opportunities (Future – create database
of training opportunities)
2. Report on IC furniture meeting
3. Report on Jim’s meeting with Lynn T.