1. Faculty name list/approaches
2. Student questions and groups of students to approach
3. Langevin Update (Homework)
4. List of Langevin trainees
5. Training modules discussion
6. Meeting with UST – small group or postpone.
Still unclear when ILC will open. Jim A. to meet on Oct 12th to get an update
AR: Jim to post construction minutes to our listserv
AR: Jim to host our website to ILC server
UST can not meet with us in October, we will postpone until Nov.
AR: Lori will arrange meeting
Agenda Item 4 - Langevin Training
Barb - 6 additional
Jim A.- 2 additional
Library - 2 additional
Our team - 11
FC - 1 additional
Total is 22 Attendees
AR: Everyone needs to get contact information to Faith (firstname.lastname@example.org) of those outside our group.
Ruth will share the planning workload with Faith.
Langevin will be emailing each attendee with a questionnaire
Next week identify modules
Open forum to talk about the Info Commons.
How do faculty envision the IC supporting their teaching.
Open-forum may invite gripes.
Focus groups – get most involved faculty and find out what they are doing.
Open forum can be like our Open House to show what we are doing and get input.
AR: Barb, Chris, Jim, and Vicki will go over list and select faculty to invite to come together for a lunch.
AR: Jim will create a comment.
We could try to get Library Conference Room for lunch.
We will put discussion on flip chart.
Begin showing something that can give faculty an idea of what Info Commons is.
1. What software do you envision?
2. What skills or activities do you envision your students accomplishing?
3. Ask visionary type questions-knowing this facility exists how would this change the assignments you use, what do you expect the person who work there to do? How will this change your teaching? How will students use this place?
Focus group will report back Oct. 11th
For Students – Debbie, Lori, Joe will work on this.
Online Input re: Info Commons
Answer 1 or 2 questions - rest open ended
Drawing – Palm Pilot, gift certificate to Cats (1 entry per person)
AR: Joe will check into Spotlight
Agenda Oct 4th
1. Determine teaching modules (What would you do a training session
2. Visitor from HR.
Return to Index for Minutes
Return to Hompage